FACING AND CAPSHEET APPLICATIONS FOR PANELIZED WOOD ROOF SYSTEMS
Installation Method (figure 1):
- Secure facing to the inside of sub purlin by stapling no more than 6" apart (3 to 4" on Gymguard or Arenashield). Let facing hang down and proceed to next step.
- Friction fit batt insulation (it may be necessary to tack with staples to sub purlins).
Note: It is not necessary to wire up insulation, a facing with a tensile strength of 30 lbs./inch width (both MD and XD) or greater, is strong enough to hold batt in place.
- Pull facing over batt and staple to the inside of adjoining bay then repeat steps 1, 2 & 3.
Installation Method (figure 2):
- Secure one side of material to face of sub-purlin stapling no more than 6" apart(3 to 4" on Gymguard or Arenashield).
- Staple opposite side by pulling one corner tight and then staple.
- Pull opposite corner, staple, then staple entire side. (Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3)
Installation Note: Length and width of facing will vary depending on truss type and sub-purlin size.