Here’s a diagram you can share with homeowners heating & cooling their home. This diagram from the DOE focuses on cleaning filters, water heater blankets and leaky faucets. Remember, Service Partners is your number one source for fiberglass insulation, spray foam & insulation accessories.
Heating and Cooling
Home heating and cooling make up for 54% of your utility bill. Combining proper equipment maintenance with recommended installation, air ceiling, and thermostat settings, you can cut heating and cooling energy use by 20 to 50%.
Here are some tips:
- A leak of one trip per second can cost $1 a month. Install low flow fixtures energy water savings of 25 to 60%
- Using a ceiling fan will allow you to raise that there must that setting by 4° with no reduction in comfort.
- Cleaning your air conditioner filter regularly can lower your air conditioners energy consumption by 5 to 15%.
- Lowering your thermostat 7-10° per eight hours a day can save you as much as 10% a year on heating and cooling costs.
- Tankless water heaters are 24 to 34% more energy efficient for homes that use 41 gallons or less of hot water daily. They are 814% more energy efficient for homestead use 86 gallons per day.