In case you missed it last month, here is President Obama talking about energy in the State of the Union Address.
The Department of Energy recently posted a few tips to help you and your customers maximize their fireplace and chimney efficiency this winter.
Here are a few of their tips:
1. Keep the fireplace damper closed unless you have a fire burning. It can be easy to forget to close it when the fire has burned out, but keeping the damper open can cause drafts and heat loss in the rest of the house.
2. Install tempered glass doors and a heat-air exchange system that blows warm air back into the room.
3. Check the seals around your fireplace flue damper—if the seals aren’t tight, you could be losing home heating through the chimney.
4. Insulate your chimney. Exiting exhaust from chimneys can create creosote build-up and can decrease the efficiency of your fireplace. Liners provide maximum efficiency for your chimney and protect masonry from corrosive byproducts of the flue gases.
5. Get your chimney properly inspected by a chimney sweep certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America each year before it gets too cold. A certified chimney sweep can offer advice to help make sure all the components of your fireplace and chimney are functioning efficiently and safely.
Lastly, and this may seem obvious, but if you don’t use your fireplace, consult an expert and have the chimney flue plugged and sealed.
Service Partners is the largest and most trusted insulation distributor in the United States. We have over 75 branch locations that supply all 50 states with insulation products.
Recently, China has been in the news for its overwhelming large quantities of smog. You’ve probably seen the various civilians on TV walking around with mask, bandanas and possibly make shift covers for their faces to help reduce the amount of pollution they are inhaling. In light of the recent events overseas, we’d thought it would be wise to remind our customers to first and foremost stay safe on the job when it comes to air born contaminants. We have a variety of safety equipment including respirators, half and full faced. The full faced respirators come with a supplied air system. If a respirator isn’t what you’re looking for, we also carry disposable dust masks that will help provide relief from common level household dust and pollen.
As a leading insulation distributor in the United States, we carry a variety of board insulation products for our customers. A few of the brands and types of board insulation we carry include the following:
Thermax Insulation Board which delivers superior insulation performance in the thinnest profiles possible. Thermax is glass fiber-re-enforced polyisocynurate foam faced with a variety of facers.
Dow StyroFoam Brand Extruded Polystyrene insulation board with its inherent moisture resistance and closed-cell structure delivers stable long-term R-value in roofs, walls and foundations.
Owens Corning Foamular Extruded Polystyrene is a premium insulation panel used to construct the exterior walls of a home.
Atlas Rboard polyiso insulation sheathing is a versatile substrate that can be used behind a variety of exterior cladding.
Atlas Energy Shield polyiso insulation sheathing is a rigid polyiso foam insulation panel with trilaminate facers (foil-kraft-foil) on the top side and a trilaminate or solid foil facer on the unprinted backside.
Rmax Rigid Polyisocyanurate is a rigid foam plastic thermal insulation board composed of closed cell polyisocyanurate foam.
Fiberglass Insulation Boards are rigid or semi rigid thermal and acoustical boards composed of glass fibers bonded together by a thermosetting resin.
Service Partners insulation distributors is a leading supplier of fiberglass insulation and contractor accessories nationwide. With over 75 locations across America, we are your insulation source.