Expanding on the previous post, here is a list that was provided by the NAIMA that highlights various insulation checkpoints for ceilings & floors.
CEILINGS AND FLOORS
1. Cantilevered Floors. These should be insulated at the floor R-value
2. Attic Openings. The attic opening should be insulated with insulated covers
or a piece of batt insulation at the same R-value as the attic requirements
and secured in place.
3. Attic Cards. A completed attic card may be placed near the attic opening
when blown insulation is installed.
4. Attic Rulers. When blown insulation is used, it is good practice to install
attic rulers, one for every 300 square feet of attic area. The installed
thickness of blown insulation should not be less than the minimum settled
thickness on the attic card.
5. Eave Baffles. Baffles should be installed on eaves with vents.
6. Knee Walls. Knee walls should be insulated at wall R-value requirements.
Insulation should be supported with an appropriately fire-rated backing
on the exterior side.